Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

time out

too much of anything (and anyone) is a bad thing

i have realised that nobody can be interesting all the time, more so if they blog very frequently (ie daily - yes i am talking about myself)...

i gave myself a break from all the people in the world today (bar one - ironically the person i need to have a break from the most), and it was mostly good.

i should also start looking for things to like in this place, i don't know why i'm so insistent on not settling in properly - it's not like i haven't been sent to other hospitals which were equally foreign and did pretty okay...

  1. they actually have special scrubs for medical students
  2. the people here are nice... generally (i would literally almost kill for a scottish accent now, i can't really summon a fondness for the local accent)
  3. my room in the accommodation is decent
  4. the walk to the hospital can be quite enjoyable in the mornings (i know why they've been quite boring for the past few days, i forgot my ipod!!!! this also reminds me - i need new music!)
  5. people don't expect me to know anything (HAHAHAHA ok i don't know how true this is actually -_-)
...

i guess it is also time i realised that my happiness is what is most important

(however, i have also realised that switching off all thoughts about myself and shifting the focus onto other people by taking an interest in their lives automatically makes me feel "normal" again)

(that's precisely it la right, i should just stop feeling sorry for myself and stop being such a self-centred and selfish narcissist)

(i have also realised that i should have by now developed an unusually high level of patience and tolerance for most people)