Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

balance

the past 4 weeks have been a rollercoaster (in more ways than one), and although the block ended somewhat anti-climactically, i am utterly drained and wiped out.

i have been enveloped in a frantic flurry of activity for the past few hours, juggling my attention between packing for a further 4 weeks in middlesbrough (whee?) and making some slightly overdue amendments to my research documents and struggling with and submitting forms online and printing out checklists and forms for my supervisor to sign tomorrow and whatnot...

(my goodness me, that sounded quite adult, eh? HAHAH i like feeling like an adult - sometimes. and it's true what they say, you'll never know what you're capable of until you're pushed into the deep end...)

hahaha one can never catch a break, can she?

the coming weekend will be the first real weekend i've had in... 4 weeks? (which isn't that bad, retrospectively, HAHA. welcome to the life of a final year medical student/ budding junior doctor, michelle lim. you better hang on to those weekends as tight as you can!)

right... sorry my brain's not in the right place. i suspect it hasn't been since the end of my last block (oh neuro-oncology how i miss thee.. sob) i think i should try to get some sleep now - hopefully some non-medical entries in the near future? heh heh heh.

ps. my next block is in intensive care in the james cook university hospital, and my supervisor just emailed me to tell me that she won't be there for the first 2 weeks of the block (er..... -_-) and she attached a rough schedule and suggested that i do an audit on handwashing in icu... haha, after (single-handedly, mind you!) handling all the crap IRAS has thrown at me and admittedly sometimes rather clumsily and gloriously crashing into obstacles they set up in my way my brain (and heart) laughs in sheer relief and joy at the thought of executing an AUDIT which REQUIRES NO ETHICS APPROVAL WHATSOEVER. OOYEAH.

pps. i have also been off facebook for the longest time ever (i don't remember how long - 1 week? 2 weeks? practically an eternity!) - i think deactivating your account makes returning to facebook all the less tempting because you ineffectively disappear from everything and people cannot do anything to your account or write on your wall or tag you in photos or comment of photos with you in them and therefore you technically have NO NEED whatsoever to prove your existence! or worry about how the world (of facebook) is functioning without you liking and commenting on stuff. (geddit? i was taking a jab at the narcissism and delusions of grandeur that so often plague the youth of today...) ok i obviously need sleep. now. gnite!