Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

#20

what song reminds you of your youth?

stan by eminem featuring dido

this song played constantly on hitz.fm when i stayed up home alone waiting for my mom/dad to come home from work. i remember the warm, sticky nights, and me dreading my math homework, and how the radio was on because i was desperate for some noise

dido's haunting voice still brings up waves of (unpleasant) nostalgia in me, and the splash of stan's car crashing into the water (i used to mistake this for the sound of people jumping into the pool on the first floor of my condo - i never was comfortable with the idea of people swimming at night, being in swimming pools at night creeps the freak out of me, another reason why this song deeply unsettles me)

haha, i guess that speaks volumes about my youth in general, eh?